Episode 33- Back to School- Homeschooling Edition
If you’ve chosen to homeschool, then you know a lot of planning goes into starting a new school year! Kathleen homeschooled for twenty-one year and Amerey is starting year three, so they share lots of tips and tricks to make your school year run smoothly. Such as: knowing your kids’ strengths and weaknesses when choosing a curriculum, being sure to teach life skills as a part of school, choosing a schooling style to fit your family. Most importantly, be flexible
Some main points from this week’s episode:
- Know your child’s strengths and weaknesses
- Pick out your child’s curriculum based on number 1.
- Discover your family’s personality.
- Teach to your family’s personality.
- Add life skills into your daily schedule.
- Have a schedule that fits your family.
- Be flexible.
- Remember that every child will not excel at everything.
- Every child has a purpose and God has given him what he needs to succeed .
- Write a mission statement.
Podomatic link here.
iTunes link here.
Hope you enjoy this week’s episode, next week- The Benefits of Homeschooling -Adoption Edition!