Are you ready?
Advent starts on Sunday, November 29th!
We’ve been prepping for it all week- thinking about how we are going to approach this year.
- Prepping physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally.
- Forming some new traditions.
- Sowing seeds of celebration when your kids are in survival mode.
- Taking some time to grieve and celebrate at the same time.
It’s time to dive in!
What’s in the book?
- Each week day, you’ll receive a tip to help you and your kiddos thrive this season. I’ve included a few of them this week in our Advent Prep!
- Plus read a short Biblical application to feed and nourish you soul.
- On the weekends, read a longer lesson – Joseph, Mary, Wisemen, Jesus (in that order).
- Bonus – I’ve included a tip for December 26th.
A Professional opinion
Adoptive families have unique challenges, which often become magnified during the holidays. Kathleen’s experience as an adoptive mother has enabled her to provide an insightful perspective that many other adoptive families can relate too. She does this in a way that also incorporates specific scripture that connects very well to the concept of adoption. This spiritual connection can help families reflect on the adoption story of Christ, as a way to help their family bond and form traditions through their own adoption stories. Parents will be able to read along on a day to day basis and reflect on their own experiences, while reading encouraging words from a fellow adoptive parent. The tips that Kathleen suggests offers comfort for adoptive families as they learn how to best navigate through the holiday season in ways that fit the specific needs of their child and their family as a whole.Molly McCartney, Adoption Therapist and Adoptive Parent
For All Families
Although I wrote 25 Days of Thriving Through Christmas for adoptive/foster/kids with capital letter syndromes, considering the events of 2020, all families would benefit. All kids have been traumatized by the losses this year – not seeing friends, family, events canceled, (fill in the blank).