Divine favor can mean a lot of things to a lot of people. For instance, growing up, I was taught that asking for divine favor meant asking for God to gift you something (usually financially) like a genie in a lamp. That concept was/is wrong. And that’s not what divine favor is anyways.
Scripture tells us that divine favor is:
- PROTECTION – “Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.” Psalms 5:12
- RESTORATION – “You, Lord, showed favor to your land; you restored the fortunes of Jacob.” Psalms 85:1
- PURPOSE – “Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.” Proverbs 3:4
- LIFE MORE ABUNDANT – “For those who find me find life and receive favor from the Lord.” Proverbs 8:35
I truly believe that divine favor happens, and we SEE it the most when we are walking hand-in-hand with God, pursuing our purpose for His kingdom. (I would say without hesitations but we are all human and that is the hardest part)
In this week’s podcast, Kathleen and I discuss more about what divine favor has looked like in our lives and how favor often follows or is followed by spiritual warfare (of massive proportions, it seems like).
When preparing for the podcast I ran across an extremely insightful blog post on the blog I write for him. Check it out here: https://iwrite4him.com/the-favor-of-god-7-things-you-should-know/. This is a helpful tool when trying to understand and accept God’s favor.
A great quote that will stick with me forever regarding this subject is this:
You cannot receive something you do not think you’re worth.
You are worthy of everything God has prepared for you. Your spiritual bank account was filled the day Jesus died on the cross for you.
* For more on this topic, check out this week’s podcast (Episode 95 – Walking in Divine Favor) on iTunes or Podomatic.