This podcast covers adoption/foster care, homeschooling, parenting, health and home projects! The Whole House- Health, Home and family all in one place! We’re glad you’re here! We compare our team to the rooms in a house, each has a different purpose and our gals each have different giftings. With that our ‘rooms’ make up a Whole House.
Grab a cup of coffee and join our overly-caffeinated ladies here for The Whole House Podcast!
Episode 3- The Guire Adoption Story
iTunes link- here.
Episode 3: The Whole House ladies give you some insider info and unique perspectives on the adoption of 4 Guire children from Poland. You can find Kathleen’s book, A Positive Adoption Story: The Door from Theology to Reality here (soon-to-be re-released with a new subtitle, cover, and study guide!) Grab a cup of coffee and laugh with us! Even cry with us! We love this story of adoption and we hope you will too!
Link to Episode 3 here!
iTunes link- Episode 2 National Trafficking Day
Podcast Notes for Human Trafficking Episode 2
National Human Trafficking Awareness Day -January 11th
- Definition of Human Trafficking-the action or practice of illegally transporting people from one country or area to another, typically for the purposes of forced labour or commercial sexual exploitation.
- When we each became aware of Human Trafficking
Carly, Kathleen, Lori, Amerey
Defining Home by Kathleen (Sex Trafficking)
- Sex Trafficking targets the hidden and the voiceless
- Myths About Human Trafficking:
- Human Trafficking does not occur in the United States. It only occurs in other countries.
- Human trafficking victims are only foreign born individuals and those who are poor.
- Human Trafficking is only sex trafficking.
- Individuals must be forced or coerced into to commercial sex acts to be victims of human trafficking.
“Success lies in the effort, not the attainment.”- Gandhi
What can you do?
- Awareness is the first step
- Decent Christian Talk Episode 51
- International Justice Mission
- World Vision
- Not for Sale
- Free 2 Work
- Made in a Free World
- Nuru International– Carly ran a marathon with them!
- Zoe International
- Polaris Project Hotline 1.888.373.7888- If You SEE something SAY something.
- Local- Libera
Different Types of Slavery
- Prostitution too normalized in the media and on TV
- Hidden Girl by Shyima Hall
- Housekeeper and Slaves (Labor Trafficking)
- Nevada is the only state in the US where prostitution is legal
Seek out someone to have a conversation with and live counter culturally.
Grab your copy of Defining Home and read it with your teen!
Join The Whole House Team by supporting us on Patreon.
iTunes link: The Whole House Podcast Episode 1: Introductions!
Also Available on Google Play for Android users!
The Whole House Podcast Episode 1: Introductions! Show Notes:
Meet The Whole House Team
Each member of The Whole House Team takes a turn introducing themselves.
The Whole House Administrator
Encourage. Equip and Educate other Adoptive/foster parents
Mother of three girls
From a family of seven children
Passion- Helping Mothers find their purpose. Teaching other Moms how to be Moms.
“I do it” projects.
Host of Podcast, Revision Team, Book cover design
Mother of Judah
An accidental stay at home Mom
Eradicating Human Trafficking
Do it yourself projects
Social Media Director
Heart for abused women, teen moms, women and children who have been abused
Moms of kids with special needs
Youngest son has SPD
Follow us on Social media!
DecentChristianTalk – Gabe Jones